Together we have raised $
What is Walk in Her Shoes?
Walk in Her Shoes is a flexible workplace challenge designed to motivate your staff and raise funds for CARE Australia.
Women and girls in developing countries walk an average of 6km every day to collect clean water. By walking in their shoes, you can raise funds to help provide water closer to home, meaning girls can go to school and women can earn an income instead of walking hours a day to collect water.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the 2017 challenge from 16-29 October. There’s still time to donate – fundraising closes on 17 November.
Why take the challenge?
- Motivate staff through a fun, meaningful activity
- Support the Sustainable Development Goals
- Register multiple departmental teams for some healthy competition
- Grow your corporate social responsibility
- Raise funds for women and girls in developing countries
- It’s free to take part and all staff will receive a free pedometer!
What do I need to do?
Taking part is easy – Sign up your workplace, ask your family and friends to sponsor you, then walk or run your chosen distance!
Who is CARE Australia?
CARE Australia is an international humanitarian aid organisation with a special focus on helping women and girls lift themselves and their communities out of poverty.
When you support CARE, you can be confident you are supporting one of the most effective organisations of its kind. CARE works at a grassroots level with communities to empower them to create positive change in their own lives – 88 cents of every dollar spent goes to CARE’s programs.